From Best Free Stuff Guide
National Taco Day Free Offers include free coupons and restaurant food from several restaurants. In celebration of National Taco Day, there are a variety of restaurants that celebrate by offering free or discounted food items. These include restaurants like Taco Cabana, Tijuana Flats, and Chevy's.
In 1519 when Hernando Cortez arrived in the new world, he discovered the Aztecs making tlaxcalli, or tortillas, from maize or Indian corn. Flour and corn tortillas are still being made today, and there are even holidays to celebrate the ingredients such as National Taco Day, which takes place each year on October 4.
Flickr: Mike Tex
|Offered by||Various restaurants; Chevy's Taco Cabana, Tijuana Flats|
|Types of offers||Free tacos, discounted tacos, discounted taco meals|
|Limitations||Valid on National Taco Day, October 4th, or other designated days|
|Coupon required?||Coupon is required for some free taco offers like Chevy's|
About National Taco Day
A taco is a corn or flour tortilla folded around a filling, and contains beef, pork, chicken, fish, or no meat at all. Breakfast tacos contain eggs. Some tacos are filled with vegetables, topped with a sauce or cheese, full of spices or with no spices at all, and are placed in a hard tortilla or a soft tortilla. Some restaurants even serve dessert tacos.
Selected taquerías and Mexican restaurants use National Taco Day to offer coupons, discounts, and free tacos to customers. Many also take the opportunity to invent a new "signature" taco for the day or to be added to the menu permanently.
National Taco Day Coupons and Free Offers
- In 2013, Rubio's offered a free taco to any customer who purchased a sustainable seafood taco. Customers were required to show a coupon from the Rubio's website to redeem the offer.
- Lime Fresh Mexican Grill offered a free hard or soft taco to customers who completed a special online form in advance of National Taco Day.
- Taco Time featured a buy one Crisp Beef Taco, get another free promotion on National Taco Day 2013.
- Taco Bueno gave away a free soft or crispy beef or chicken taco to its Facebook fans on October 4. In order to get the offer, customers needed to say the phrase "Free Taco".
- Fuzzy's Taco Shop offered $1 tacos all day, dine-in only, on October 2. Fajita tacos were not discounted.
- Baja Fresh celebrated with a pre-National Taco Day offer on October 3. Customers could purchase a chicken or carnitas Baja or Americano taco for just $1.49.
- El Torito offered a free taco to all customers who said the phrase "Secret Taco" on October 4.
2012 National Taco Day Free Offers
- Taco Cabana celebrated National Taco Day early in 2012 and gave away a free chicken fajita taco to customers on October 2. The free taco was available from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at participating locations, while supplies lasted. No coupon or purchase was necessary.
- All Tijuana Flats locations offered $2 tacos on October 4 to celebrate National Taco Day. This discount did not include specialty tacos, and carnitas and steak tacos cost an additional $.50.
- Pollo Campero offered customers a free Yucatan Carnitas, Argentinian Steak, or Peruvian Chicken taco with any purchase on October 4.
- The Taco Truck in Boston gave away two free tacos to every customer who purchased $5 or more on October 4. In order to get the free tacos, customers had to use the secret password: Feliz Dia del Taco.
- Chevy's Fresh Mex offered free taco coupons to redeem on October 4 if the restaurant got to 55,000 "Likes" on its Facebook page. In order to get the free taco, customers had to enter the giveaway through the Facebook page. If the restaurant gots to 55,000 "Likes," these customers received their free taco coupon and were entered to win free tacos for a year.
Del Taco Celebrates National Taco Day
Also See: October Freebies, National Pizza Month Free Offers, Free Restaurant Coupons, Free Moe's Southwest Grill Coupons, Free Taco Cabana Coupons, Free Taco Bell Coupons, Free Del Taco Coupons, Free Taco Bueno Coupons, Free Taco John's Coupons