From Best Free Stuff Guide
September 18th of each year has been designated as National Cheeseburger Day. If the cool weather makes it difficult for consumers to prepare their own cheeseburgers on the grill, they can head out to a restaurant, since plenty of burger joints, bar and grill restaurants, and sports bars celebrate the food holiday with new topping combinations and lots of discounts. Vegetarian restaurants may also participate in National Cheeseburger Day free offers by featuring promos on garden burgers and other veggie treats.
From September 18 through October 1, 2013, Ruby Tuesday is giving away free cheeseburgers via an email coupon to the first 100,000 customers who register at funbetweenthebuns.com.
|Offered by||Various restaurants, including Cheeburger Cheeburger, Z-Burger, and others|
|Locations||Across the United States|
|Phone number||Varies; Customers may need to contact local restaurants to inquire about participation|
|Limitations||Valid only on National Cheeseburger Day, September 18th|
|Coupon required?||Coupon may be required for free burger offers and other specials|
About National Cheeseburger Day
Rumor has it that a homeless man at at Sternberger's restaurant in Pasadena, CA wanted a slice of cheese on his burger, and it turned out to be so popular that the cheeseburger was added to the menu. The original hamburger is rumored to have been invented on the other side of the country at Louis' Lunch in New Haven, CT. French fries, one of the common side items served with cheeseburgers, get their own national holiday every July.
Though hamburgers caused quite a fuss at the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair, these days burgers are very common in the U.S., with Americans eating over 60 pounds of ground beef every year, much of it in the form of cheeseburgers.  Restaurants that serve burgers jump at the chance to highlight their latest creations and bring in new customers with specials and free offers on National Cheeseburger Day.
2013 National Cheeseburger Day Coupons and Free Offers
- The Grease Burger Bar in West Palm Beach, FL offers a buy one burger, get one free on September 18.
- Stillhouse Craft Burgers and Moonshine in the Andrews Entertainment District of Atlanta will give the first 50 guests over 21 years of age who order a burger on Wednesday, September 18 after 5 p.m. a free burger a month for the next year in honor of National Cheeseburger Day.
- The Idle Hands Bar in New York is running a special deal of $30 for mini cheeseburgers paired with 4 craft beers, a shot of whiskey, and an order of tater tots for dinner. Tickets need to be purchased in advance, as there are only 40 seats available.
- King's Bowl America locations in Massachusetts and Illinois are offering free cheeseburgers from 12 noon until 10 p.m. on September 18.
- Dog Haus Dogs is offering free mini cheeseburgers to guests from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. There is a limit of one free mini cheeseburger per customer.
- Other restaurants that have typically had special offers for National Cheeseburger Day include Cheeburger Cheeburger, the Four Seasons‘ Bristol Lounge in Boston, Z-Burger, Captain Billy Whizzbang's, MILK Burger, Lunchbox Laboratory, Five Guys, McDonalds, Ruby Tuesday, and Burger Bedlam and SideBAR in NYC.
Steak and Shake Commercial
Also See: September Freebies, Free Restaurant Coupons, National French Fry Day Free Offers, Free Cheeburger Cheeburger Coupons, Free McDonalds Coupons, Free Steak and Shake Coupons, Free Burger King Coupons, Free White Castle Coupons, Free Back Yard Burgers Coupons, Free Red Robin Coupons, Free Fuddruckers Coupons, Free Whataburger Coupons