From Best Free Stuff Guide
January freebies provide consumers with a variety of freebies and discounts each January. These include free admission to museums, botanical gardens, and cultural institutions throughout the United States. Many restaurants also extend offers for free food during the month of January. National parks offer free visits during Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend, and several magazines provide free entries to giveaways and contests for readers in January. In addition, certain holidays throughout the month such as National Soup Month are associated with discounts and freebies.
|Promotions||New Years Day sales|
|January 1||New Year's Day|
|January 15||National Hat Day|
|January 19||National Popcorn Day|
|January 20||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day|
|January 23||National Pie Day|
|Celebrates||National Soup Month, National Blood Donor Month, Hot Tea Month, National Hobby Month, Letter Writing Week|
|Sales||Bedding, computers, linens, toys, televisions|
|Annual freebies||Callaway Gardens, Art Institute of Chicago|
2014 January Freebies, Coupons, and Discount Offers
- In celebration of its new "Movie Theater Popcorn" ice cream flavor, Baskin-Robbins is offering a free waffle cone upgrade with the purchase of a double scoop of ice cream at participating locations during the month of January.
- The Children's Museum of Houston offers free admission from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on January 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30.
- U.S. National Parks offer free admission on January 20 in honor of the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Residents of Illinois receive free admission to the Art Institute of Chicago from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on January 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30.
- Several museums and attractions in New York City offer free admission. On Wednesdays throughout the year, including January, visitors receive free access to the New York Botanical Garden and Museum of Jewish Heritage. On Fridays, visitors receive free admission to the Museum of Modern Art from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. and are invited to pay any price at the New York Aquarium.
- Bank of America cardholders receive free admission at select museums on January 4 and 5, 2014, as part of the bank's Museums on Us program. Participating museums include the Phoenix Art Museum, the New England Air Museum, the Atlanta History Center, and the Grand Rapids Museum.
- The Target Free Events program offers free and discounted admission to numerous museums and attractions throughout the year. In 2014, January free admission is available at the Museum of Latin American Art in Los Angeles on January 5, 12, 19, and 26. Target is also sponsoring free admission at the Children's Museum of Atlanta on January 8 from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
2014 Newport News Ambassador Pass Coupons
Residents of Newport News receive free admission to several museums and historic sites in 2014 with a free Ambassador Pass, available at the Newport News Visitor Center. These passes include free admission to select attractions on certain days throughout the month. Free admission is available at the Virginia Living Museum and the Peninsula Fine Arts Center on January 2-8, the Virginia War Museum and Endview Plantation from January 9-15, the Lee Hall Mansion and James A. Fields House from January 16-22, and the Peninsula SPCA and Petting Zoo and The Mariners Museum on January 23-29.
Where to Get January Freebies
- Many published magazines, including Marie Claire, Allure, Pregnancy and Newborn, Parenting, and Parents offer giveaways, sweepstakes, and free product samples in their January magazine editions. Readers are also able to access these contests by visiting the official websites of these publications. For example, Marie Claire offers chances to win free beauty products and shopping sprees. 
- January is National Soup Month, which means that several restaurants may offer discounts or free samples of specialty soups on certain days. Coupons are also available in Sunday newspaper coupon supplements for certain products such as Campbell’s Soup or Progresso Soup.
Callaway Gardens Commercial