From Best Free Stuff Guide
South Carolina State Fair coupons and discounts help visitors to the fair save on both admission and ride costs. Most offers are for dollars off savings, and are available during select days at the fair. Ongoing military and senior discounts are also available.
The South Carolina State Fair takes place every October in Columbia, South Carolina. The fair was established in 1869, and continues to offer agricultural activities that include livestock competitions, as well as rides, games, food, and concerts. The festival has grown over the years from an annual attendance of 3,000 to over 600,000.
|Offered by||South Carolina State Fair and State Agricultural and Mechanical Society of South Carolina|
|Location||1200 Rosewood Drive, Columbia SC 29201|
|Features||Rides, games, competitions, livestock shows, food, exhibits|
|Types of coupons||Opening day discounts, advance ticket discounts|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors receive a discount of $3 off regular gate admission|
|Military discount?||Military personnel receive free admission, both active and retired military and their dependents|
About the South Carolina State Fair
The 2014 South Carolina State Fair takes place from October 8 through October 19. Admission prices are $10 for adults 6-54 and $7 for seniors 55 and over. Children 5 and under are admitted free. Admission only includes entrance to the fair. Rides and certain concerts and events cost an additional fee. For example, ride coupons are available to purchase for $1.25 for one coupon, $25 for 22 coupons, $60 for 55 coupons, or pay-one-price tickets for $28 (guests receive unlimited rides for this price). Pay-one-price is only available Monday through Friday.
2013 South Carolina State Fair Coupons and Free Offers
- Opening Day at the fair includes discounted admission each year. In 2013, Opening Day admission is $1 at the gate. Free parking is also offered on Opening Day.
- Advance tickets are available to purchase at a discount each year. In 2013, advance sales are available from August 1 through October 8 from participating Bi-Lo locations or through the online etix box office. The discount is $3 off the general admission price. In addition, pay-one-price ride vouchers are available at an advance discount as well. From August 1 through October 8, visitors pay $23 for these vouchers. This is a savings of $5.
- The "Special Days & Deals" section of the official website provides information about the special offers available throughout the duration of the fair.
- The fair's Twitter feed and Facebook page provide information about fair news and promotional offers. Some of these offers may be exclusive to fans and followers. For example, the fair gives away tickets for select concerts on its Facebook page.
- Area media outlets or businesses may also offer discounts, contests, or coupons from time to time. This includes contests for free tickets from local radio and television stations. For example. WMHK, 89.7, offers free ticket giveaways for "Family Fun Packs." The Family Fun Pack includes four admission tickets, ride vouchers, and more.
2013 South Carolina State Fair Discount Days
Each year during the fair, there are designated days in which certain visitors are able to save on their overall fair experience. Some of the 2013 designated days are as follow:
- Senior Day is on October 16. The regular senior discount of $3 is in effect, plus seniors receive free ferris wheel rides and select activities.
- 4-H Day is on October 19, and offers free admission to all 4-H members wearing their official 4-H wristband.
- Midway Physics Day takes place on October 15 and offers free admission to all students wearing their official Physics Day wristband between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Exceptional Citizens Day is on October 17 and includes free admission for all permanently disabled visitors and up to one of their assistants (if needed for assistance).
- Future Farmers of America Day takes place on October 15, and provides free admission to students that are members of FFA and present their member card.
- October 16 is NASCAR Night at the fair. Included with admission are notable NASCAR guests like Austin Dillon, J.J. Yeley, Morgan Shepherd (with his car), Ken Schrader (with his car), and Jordan Anderson.
- October 10 is College Night at the fair. All college students receive free admission all day with a valid college ID.
Visiting the South Carolina State Fair