From Best Free Stuff Guide
Sandia Peak Ski and Tramway coupons and discount offers provide savings on tramway tickets as well as lift tickets during the winter. Savings are available for groups, season ticket holders, seniors, and military personnel.
Flickr: Tommy Klumker
|Offered by||Sandia Peak Ski and Tramway|
|Location||30 Tramway Road NE, Albuquerque, NM|
|Phone number||505-856-7325 (tramway), 505-281-3304 (ranger's station), 505-242-9052 (ski area)|
|Features||Tramway, skiing, hiking, museum, dining|
|Types of coupons||Season passes, group discounts, discount ski cards|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors 62 and over save $3 on tramway tickets. They also save $10 on full-day lift tickets and $5 on half-day lift tickets. Seniors 72 and over ski free. |
|Military discount?||Active military save $3 on tramway tickets with valid military ID|
About Sandia Peak Ski and Tramway
The Sandia Peak Tramway, which is also called "The Tram," first took passengers up to the peak on May 7, 1966. Since then, the tramway has transported over 9 million visitors. The tramway operates year round, with trips taking place every 20 to 30 minutes throughout the operating day. During the winter months, the tramway also services skiers to the Sandia Peak Ski Area.
Tramway admission is $20 for adults, $17 for seniors 62 and over, $17 for teenagers 13-20, and $12 for children 5-12. Children under five are admitted free with an adult. Lift tickets for the 2013-14 ski season are available for full-day and half-day. Full-day tickets are $50 for adults, $40 for teenagers, $40 for children, and $40 for seniors 62-71. Seniors 72 and over are free. Half-day tickets are $35 for adults, $30 for teenagers, $30 for children, and $30 for seniors.
Sandia Peak Ski and Tramway Coupons and Free Offers
- All visitors are admitted free to the New Mexico Ski Museum. The museum is located at the tramway's base.
- Season tickets are available for $215, and include free tramway access all year. If several members of a family want to purchase season tickets, the first ticket is $215 and each additional ticket is $185. Sandia Peak also offers a ski season only season ticket. For $130, visitors receive access to the tramway from the middle of December through the middle of March.
- Skiers who purchase a lift ticket receive a round trip discount of $12, which is a savings of $8.
- Savings are also available for one way tickets for guests planning on hiking. The cost is $12, a savings of $8.
- The "Peaks Plus Card" costs $59 and qualifies cardholders to a discount of $25 off at Sandia Peak and $20 off lift tickets at Ski Santa Fe.
- Discount group rates are available for skiing and ski school by calling 505-242-9052.
- There are several season passes available for skiing at Sandia Peak. These passes are also valid at Ski Santa Fe. Passes include the "Platinum Pass," which offers free skiing all season and no restrictions. The cost is $589. Bronze passes cost $419, and is good for weekday skiing only. There are also blackout dates at Ski Santa Fe from December 25 through December 31.
Riding the Sandia Peak Tramway
Also See: Free Ski Santa Fe Coupons, Free Attraction Coupons, Free Restaurant Coupons, Free Lift Ticket Coupons, Free Cliff's Amusement Park Coupons, Free Ski Apache Coupons, Free Sipapu Resort Coupons, Free Angel Fire Resort Coupons, Free Western Playland Coupons