From Best Free Stuff Guide
Restasis is the brand name for cyclosporine ophthalmic, a prescription medication used in the treatment of chronic dry eye. Approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2002, Restasis is an immunosuppressive agent which works to increase the eye's ability to naturally produce tears.
Due to the high prescription costs of Restasis, patients may be interested in ways to save on their next Restasis prescription. Restasis coupons are one way patients can cut down on Restasis costs. Another way is by obtaining free Restasis samples from a patient's ophthalmologist or optometrist. This page offers additional information on how to obtain free Restasis samples, discounts, and drug coupons.
Flickr: Nieve44/La Luz
|Offered by||Allergan, Inc.|
|Types of free offers||Samples, coupons, rebates, drug card discounts, etc.|
|Where to find free offers||Official Restasis website, pharmacies, a patient's optometrist or ophthalmologist|
|Limitations||Many coupons, rebates, and prescription drug cards have an expiration date|
|Disclaimer||The information provided by BestFreeStuffGuide.com is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not take any action based on the information on this page without consulting a physician.|
Restasis Samples, Coupons and Free Offers
- One way patients may be able to save on Restasis is through free samples. These can sometimes be obtained through a patient's optometrist or ophthalmologist. Pharmaceutical companies like Allergen often provide eye doctors with free samples of their products to distribute to patients. Patients can consult with their eye care provider in order to learn more.
- The official Restasis website offers rebates and discount programs for Restasis, including a reward's program that can save a patient up to $15 on their monthly prescription Restasis costs.
- There are also occasional rebates offered on the official Restasis website, like a $20 rebate, a free subscription to Your Health in Sight and free information kit when buying a patient's first prescription.
- Many pharmacies such as Walgreens offer prescription savings cards to patients that do not have prescription drug coverage. These programs can save patients on their monthly prescription costs for medications like Restasis. Savings vary depending on the drug type and prescription amount. Patients can consult their local pharmacy to determine if they have such a program available.
Using Drug Coupons
Restasis is a prescription eye drop medication that is usually administered to each eye twice daily, once every 12-hours. It helps reduce swelling in a patient's eye, which in turn allows the eyes to produce more tears. Some common side effects that may be experienced while using Restasis include, but are not limited to:
- Overflow of tears
- Burning, itching, stinging, or redness of the eye
- Blurred vision
- Eye discharge
- The feeling that something is in the patient's eye
If any of these side effects become worse, or do not disappear, patients should consult their eye care provider.