From Best Free Stuff Guide
Oklahoma City Zoo coupons allow visitors to save money on admission costs, and are accessible online as printable coupons. Additional discounts are offered for zoo members, those visiting with a group, seniors, and military personnel.
The Oklahoma City Zoo is located in downtown Oklahoma City's Adventure District, and is open year round. Some of the highlights of the Oklahoma City Zoo include the ZooZeum, Butterfly Garden, Cat Forest/Lion Overlook, Noble Aquatic Center, Great EscApe, Island Life, and the Children's Zoo. Additional zoo attractions, some of which charge an additional fee, include the Centennial ChooChoo, the Endangered Species Carousel, the Giraffe Feeding Platform, the Safari Tram, the Safari Voyage, Leapin' Lizard, Swan Paddleboats, and the Sea Lion Show. The zoo also hosts the OKC Zoo Amphitheatre, with an active concert season.
|Offered by||Oklahoma City Zoo|
|Location||2000 Remington Place, Oklahoma City, OK 73111|
|Features||Animal exhibits, rides, shows, feedings, concessions, and a gift shop|
|Types of coupons||Printable coupons, membership deals, group discounts|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors 65 and over save $3 on admission|
|Military discount?||Military personnel, their spouse, and up to five dependents receive a 50% discount on zoo admission when they present a valid military ID|
About Oklahoma City Zoo
The Oklahoma City Zoo is open 362 days a year, and closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day. The zoo is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with extended hours in the summer every Saturday until 8 p.m. Admission prices for the zoo are $8 for visitors 12-64, $5 for seniors 65 and over, $5 for children 3-11, and free for children under the age of 3. There is an additional charge for rides and attractions. The zoo also offers several services to guests. These include free parking, same day re-entry, and a lost and found station.
As one of the oldest zoos in the Southwestern United States, the Oklahoma City Zoo features a diverse group of plants and animals in its 119-acre space, including 87 species of mammals, 153 species of amphibians and reptiles, 117 species of birds, and 155 species of marine mammals, fish, and aquatic invertebrates. First opened in 1902, the zoo has grown to welcome more than 900,000 visitors annually.
Oklahoma City Zoo Coupons and Free Offers
- Coupons for the Oklahoma City Zoo are available from the official Oklahoma City's Adventure District website. The printable coupon is good for one free child's admission with the purchase of an adult admission.
- The Oklahoma City Zoo operates its own Facebook page, where it sponsors contests and posts information on promotions and deals. For instance, the zoo gives away free tickets to area events through as part of its Facebook contests.
- Patrons who purchase ZooFriends membership through the Oklahoma Zoological Society receive a year's worth of free admission to the OKC Zoo. Additional benefits include a 10 percent discount at the zoo gift shop and concession stands, and invitations to special events and Family Fun Nights. Members also have the option to use their own private entrance for express admission.
- The zoo sometimes gives away free tickets to concerts at the OKC Zoo Amphitheatre. The venue hosts major artists like Lady Antebellum, Toni Braxton, BB King and Dwight Yokum. Guests are eligible to win tickets and meet-and-greets by joining the Zoo Amp Hotlist.
- Parties of 15 or more people are eligible for group admission discounts. In order to receive the discount, groups must enter together and pay in one transaction. Discounts are up to $2 off admission.
- Visitors who sign up for the zoo's free online newsletter will receive zoo news and special promotions by e-mail.
- The zoo offers numerous free days each year. 2013 free days include Sales Tax Appreciation Day on July 17, Veteran's Day on November 11, a random free day on November 27, and free admission every Monday in December, January, and February.
- Guests who bring in a Dr. Pepper are eligible for BOGO admission deals through December 31, 2013.
- The zoo posts additional information on discounts under its "Free/Discount Days" section on the official Oklahoma City Zoo website.
Zoo Coupons, Discounts, and Deals