From Best Free Stuff Guide
Numerous products are available to help consumers quit smoking. These products are known as nicotine replacement therapies and include prescription medications such as Wellbutrin, nicotine gum, lozenges, and patches like Nicoderm CQ.
Nicotine patches help to minimize withdrawal symptoms and help increase the chances of individuals successfully quitting smoking. Free nicotine patches, coupons, and discount offers help individuals save money as they begin the process of quitting smoking. For example, dollars off printable coupons are available on the official Nicoderm CQ website, and free samples may be available through a patient's doctor or healthcare provider.
|Offered by||Nicoderm CQ|
|Locations||Pharmacies, physicians, nicotine patch manufacturers|
|Limitations||Offers may be available for a limited time only, while samples may limit the number of free products|
|Brand name for||Nicotine|
|Precautions||Do not smoke while using the patch, as it may cause health problems|
|Who should not use the patch||Women who are breast feeding, and anyone under the age of 18 should talk to their doctor before using the patch|
|Common side effects||Itching or burning where the patch is applied, redness or swelling around the patch, dizziness, headache, upset stomach|
|Disclaimer||The information provided by BestFreeStuffGuide is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Do not take any action based on the information on this page without consulting a physician.|
About Nicotine Patches
Nicotine patches were first introduced on the market in 1992, and were only available by prescription. Today, nicotine patches are available over-the-counter (OTC) and are one of the most popular forms of nicotine replacement therapies on the market.
Nicotine patches are usually available in one of three dosages: 7mg, 14mg, or 21mg. The dosage refers to the amount of nicotine present in each patch. Only one patch should be applied each day for a period of 16-24 hours. Common Nicotine Patch side effects that may occur with Nicoderm CQ include headaches, dizziness, itching, nervousness, difficulty sleeping, and abnormal dreams.
Nicotine Patch Coupons and Free Offers
Several types of drug assistance programs for Nicotine patches exist.
- Free nicotine patch samples may be available directly from a patient's doctor or healthcare provider upon request.
- Retail stores like Walmart may occasionally offer free samples of nicotine patches like Nicoderm CQ at various times throughout the year.
- Nicotine Patch coupons offer consumers another way to save on nicotine patch purchases. Coupons and coupon codes may sometimes be offered online through third party coupon websites. Additionally, pharmacies like Walgreens and CVS may occasionally offer dollars off deals on nicotine patch purchases made online or in store. These coupons may be available through the pharmacy's official website as printable coupons or inside the pharmacy's monthly coupon book or weekly ad circular. In addition, stores like Target offer printable Nicoderm CQ coupons from time to time. Offers include up to $5 off.
- The official Nicoderm CQ website occasionally offers coupons and samples to consumers. This includes a $10 off printable coupon for a Nicoderm CQ package with SmartControl (14-count or larger).
- Many states, including Alabama, Pennsylvania, New York, and Massachusetts occasionally sponsor programs offering free nicotine patches to residents trying to quit. Information may be obtained through the state's department of health, a physician, or a heath care center.  For example, through the end of 2011, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health offered eligible individuals a 2-week starter kit for quitting smoking that included a supply of nicotine patches. This was offered through the state's QuitWorks program.
- Health insurance programs sometimes sponsor programs for their policy holders to quit smoking. These programs may include complimentary nicotine patches.
How to Apply a Nicotine Patch
Also See: Breathe Right Free Samples, Free Emergen C Samples, Free Walmart Samples, Free Target Samples, Free First Aid Kit, Sams Club Free Samples, Free Target Coupons and Codes, Free Walmart Coupons and Codes, Free Walgreens Coupons and Codes, Free Rite Aid Coupons and Codes, Free CVS Coupons and Codes