From Best Free Stuff Guide
The Nebraska State Fair is held at Fonner Park in Grand Island, Nebraska, for 11 days each year in August and September. The fair features a variety of activities for families and individuals, including a midway, agricultural displays, motor sports, parades, marching bands, interactive education, food, and concerts. 2013 shows and concerts include Trace Adkins, Chicago, and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Flickr: Ryan Frost
|Offered by||Nebraska State Fair|
|Location||Fonner Park, 700 East Stolley Park Road, Grand Island, NE 68801-2200|
|Features||Concerts, motorsports, shows, rides, displays, exhibits, parades, food|
|Types of coupons||Special discount days, advance ticket discounts|
|Military discount?||One day of the fair is designated as free admission day for active and retired military|
About the Nebraska State Fair
The 144th Nebraska State Fair takes place August 23 through September 2. Since its founding, the fair has focused on showcasing the state of Nebraska, and today highlights the state's agriculture, commerce, arts, sciences, technology, and industry. It does this by sponsoring a competitive livestock exhibit, competitions, handmade crafts, a trade show for farming equipment, and baked goods.
Fair admission includes entrance to the fair and free entertainment only. The price is $10 for adults, $3 for children 6-12, and free for children under 6. Midway rides, concerts, food, and select other attractions cost an additional fee. For example, Motorsports events such as the Demolition Derby, Figure 8 Races, and the Tractor Pull all cost $10 for adults and $4 for children 6-12. The fair also offers midway ride wristbands, which includes unlimited rides for one up front price.
Nebraska State Fair Coupons and Free Offers
- Visitors who subscribe to the Nebraska State Fair newsletter will receive fair news and promotional offers by e-mail.
- There are several Five Dollar Days at the fair each year where admission is only $5.
- Advance gate admission is available for a discount of $3 on adult admission. Child admission is always $3.
- Opening night discounts are typically offered each year.
- Consumers who "Like" the Nebraska State Fair on Facebook or follow the fair's Twitter feed have access to information on promotional offers and fair news.
- Each year, the fair typically designates one day as a military appreciation day, where all active and retired military receive free admission with valid ID.
- The "Discounts & Specials" section on the official Nebraska State Fair website provides access to information on additional offers during the fair.
- Although the fair charges for concerts and motorsports events, there are several that are free each year. For example, guests receive free admission to the Lawn Mower Races and the Antique Machinery Tractor Pull. Free concerts include Kellie Pickler, Mel Tillis, TobyMac, and the Eli Young Band.
- Each year, the fair sells a season pass. For only $55, consumers are able to visit the fair all 11 days. This includes gate admission only.
Visiting the Nebraska State Fair