From Best Free Stuff Guide
The North Carolina State Fair, also called the NC State Fair, first began in 1853. Today the fair is the largest 11-day event in the state, and consistently ranks in the top 25 fairs in the United States, welcoming more than 800,000 visitors each year.
Each year, the NC State Fair offers a new theme, with the 2013 theme being "Homecoming." Visitors that want to save money on the overall cost of admission can use NC State Fair coupons and discounts. Printable coupons and coupon codes are available through the official website of the Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau or consumers can purchase discount tickets in advance online. Additional savings include group, senior, and military discounts.
|Offered by||NC State Fair|
|Location||1025 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh, NC 27607|
|Features||Rides, food, games, exhibits, competitions, concerts, fireworks, shows, etc.|
|Types of coupons||Printed coupons, coupon codes, discount tickets, group discounts, military discounts, etc.|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors age 65 and over are admitted free|
|Military discount?||$4 off the regular admission price is available at the fair gate to all active, retired, and reserve military personnel and their dependents. Just present a valid ID |
About the NC State Fair
The NC State Fair takes place for 11 days each year in mid October and operates on the mission of "showcasing and promoting the state's agriculture, agribusiness, arts, crafts, and culture." The fair makes its home at the NC State Fairgrounds Complex, which is located on 344-acres of land. The 2013 fair takes place October 17-27.
Admission prices for the 2013 fair are $9 for adults and $4 for children ages 6-12. Children under the age of six are admitted free. Admission includes entrance to the fair only, and do not include rides, some concerts, and other select events. Ride tickets are $1 per ticket, and can be purchased at Midway ticket booths only.
American Idol winner Scotty McCreery will be performing at the 2013 North Carolina State Fair.
NC State Fair Coupons and Free Offers
- Consumers can purchase advance tickets online for a discounted price of $2 off adult admission and $1 off child admission. Discount tickets are available August 1 through October 17 on the official NC State Fair website. Please note, however, of an online service fee of 5 percent to 15 percent for online purchases.
- Group discounts are available online only through October 17. In order to qualify for the $23 discount, consumers have to purchase at least 40 tickets.
- On Thursday, October 17, 2013, is Preview Day at the fair. A Preview Day Unlimited Ride Wristband is available for just $28, and included unlimited rides from 3:30 p.m. until midnight. This deal is available on October 17 only.
- The fair offers a Facebook page and Twitter feed, allowing visitors to get all the fair news and information on promotional offers in advance.
- The Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau offers several coupons good for a package deal to the NC State Fair. Starting at $99, consumers can stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Raleigh Crabtree Valley, and included two fair tickets for each night, one book of 18 ride tickets, and breakfast for two.
- Consumers can sign up to receive e-mails about North Carolina State Fair news and promotional information as it becomes available. This can be done for free on the fair's official website.
- Local radio and television stations may sometimes offer free ticket giveaways throughout the fair's duration.
- The North Carolina State Fair offers visitors a free North Carolina State Fair iPhone App.
Visiting the NC State Fair
Also See: Free Renaissance Festival Coupons, Free Carolina Renaissance Festival Coupons, Free Spookywoods Coupons, Free Carowinds Coupons, Free Museum of Life and Science Coupons, Free NASCAR Hall of Fame Coupons, Free Nascar Speedpark Coupons, Free Myrtle Waves Coupons, Free Dixie Stampede Coupons, Free Howl at the Moon Coupons