From Best Free Stuff Guide
Prices to the Minnesota State Fair continue to increase each year, making Minnesota State Fair coupons and discounts a hot commodity for consumers. Savings include dollars off gate admission as well as discounts on food and merchandise at the fair. Savings are also available inside the fair's coupon book or on special promotional days throughout the fair's duration.
The Minnesota State Fair takes place in St. Paul, Minnesota, every August and September. The first fair took place in 1859, one year after Minnesota became a state, and has grown to welcome an estimated 1.7 million people each year.
|Offered by||Minnesota State Fair|
|Location||265 Snelling Ave. N., St. Paul, MN 55108-3109|
|Features||Rides, exhibits, concerts, food, games|
|Types of coupons||Coupon book, pre-sale discounts, special promotional days|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors 65 and over save $2 on admission|
|Military discount?||Yes, the fair offers a military appreciation day, good for dollars off admission|
About the Minnesota State Fair
The 2013 Minnesota State Fair will take place from August 22 through September 2. Admission prices include entry into the fair, as well as free entertainment and exhibits. Rides, food, and concerts cost an additional fee. Gate admission is $12 for adults 13-64, $10 for seniors 65 and over, and 10 for children 5-12. Children under the age of 5 are admitted free. Parking at the fair is $9 when purchased prior to opening day, and $12 when purchased during the fair.
Minnesota State Fair Coupons and Free Offers
- Advance tickets are available to purchase each year at a discounted price. The advance ticket price is $9, and is available to purchase from June 7 through August 21 at the box office. Advance discounts are also available from Cub Foods Stores.
- Visitors who follow the fair's Twitter feed or "Like" the fair on Facebook will receive access to fair news and information on promotional offers. This includes contests and free ticket giveaways.
- The Minnesota State Fair's "Blue Ribbon Bargain Book" provides a variety of savings. The coupon books cost $5, but a $1 discount is available when the bargain books are purchased in advance. Each book features 126 money-saving coupons to use throughout the fair's duration. Savings include more than $500 in discounts, and include BOGO deals, dollars off savings, and percentages off discounts on food and merchandise. Offer are available for places like Andy's Grille, the Ball Park Cafe, Chicago Dogs, Coasters, Green Mill, Hawaiian Shaved Ice, Kidway, Mighty Midway, Rock Gardens, State Fair Taffy, and Winky the Whale.
- Discounts are also available on rides when tickets are purchased in advance. Through August 21, 20 ride and game tickets are available for purchase for $10. Additionally, the Blue Ribbon Bargain Book offers $6 off a $20 sheet of 28 ride and game tickets.
- Visitors will receive a $2 on Grandstand tickets each year (good for any concert event) when they purchase 25 or more tickets together.
- The "Deals, Drawings and Giveaways" section on the official website provides additional access to discounts and offers throughout the fair's duration.
- There are numerous free concerts during the duration of the fair each year. Some of the 2013 concerts include Blue Oyster Cult, Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers, Neal Zunker and The Music Connection, Mountain Heart, Rosie Flores and The Rivetors, Mark Stillman, The Mellow Fellows, Sean Emery, The Memories, Mary Mack, and The Irish Brigade.
2013 Minnesota State Fair Promotional Days
Each year, the fair offers several promotional days to help guests save money. 2011 days were as follows:
- August 22 is "Thrifty Thursday." Adults save $2 on admission and children save $3 on admission.
- August 26 is "Seniors and Kids Day." Both receive a $3 discount off gate admission.
- August 27 is "Military Appreciation Day." Active and retired military receive $3 off gate admission. In addition, the spouse and children of active military personnel also receive the $3 discount. A valid military ID must be presented to receive the discount.
- August 28 is "Read and Ride Day." Visitors save $2 on adult admission and $3 on senior and child admission when they present a valid public library card. Only one discount is allowed per card.
- August 29 is "Seniors Day." All senior receive $3 off admission.
- September 2 is "Kids Day." All kids receive $3 off admission.
Minnesota State Fair Artwork
Also See: Free State Fair Coupons, Free Renaissance Festival Coupons, Free Minnesota Zoo Coupons, Free Nickelodeon Universe Coupons, Free Mall of America Coupons, Free Sea Life Coupons, Free Minnesota Children's Museum Coupons, Free Water Park of America Coupons, Free Valleyfair Coupons