From Best Free Stuff Guide
Michigan Renaissance Festival coupons help visitors reduce the cost of admission tickets. Discount tickets are available to purchase at select locations each year. The fair also offers a variety of special offers through its official website and social network pages. Additional offers may be available inside local print publications.
The Michigan Renaissance Festival is held each year from late August through late September or early October. The 2014 festival will be held weekends and Labor Day Monday from August 16 through September 28. The festival will also be open on Friday, September 26. Operating hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
|Offered by||Mid America Festivals Inc.|
|Location||12600 Dixie Highway, Holly, MI 48442|
|Features||Period food and drink, artisan demonstrations, costumed characters, jousting, contests, shows, concerts|
|Types of coupons||Dollars off discount tickets|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors 65 and over receive a $2 discount|
|Military discount?||On Festival Friday, military personnel receive a $5 discount on admission with a valid military ID|
About the Michigan Renaissance Festival
The Michigan Renaissance Festival takes visitors back in time to the 16th century, offering period food, costumes, entertainment, musical acts, jousting tournaments, and crafts. Each weekend of the festival there is a different theme, including Highland Fling, Sweet Endings, Royal Pet and Ale Fest, Wonders of the World, High Seas Adventure, Harvet Huzzah, Shamrocks and Shenanigans, and Festival Friday.
The first Michigan Renaissance Festival took place in 1979, attracting almost 11,000 visitors. Today, the 16-day festival welcomes an estimated 200,000 to 250,000 people, mostly from around the Detroit area, and nearby states of Ohio, Illinois, and Indiana. Ticket prices to the festival are $20.95 for adults, $11.95 for children 5-12, $18.95 for seniors 65 and over, and $18.95 for students with a valid college ID.
Michigan Renaissance Festival Coupons
Michigan Renaissance Festival Coupons and Free Offers
- Visitors who become a Facebook fan of the Michigan Renaissance Festival or follow the festival's Twitter feed receive access to festival news and promotional offers. Some offers are exclusive to fans and followers. For example, the festival offers exclusive contests to Facebook fans, with the prizes being free tickets to the festival.
- The Michigan Renaissance Festival sells season passes each year. The cost is $84.95 for adults and $46.95 for children. A Royal pass is $120, and in addition to admission also includes a collectable medallion, five tickets for friends and family, and a mug and t-shirt.
- The festival is sponsoring a food drive in support of the Lighthouse of Oakland County on August 17, 18, 24, 25, 31, and September 1 and 2. On these days, guests who bring in at least four cans of non-perishable food will receive a $5 discount on admission.
- Advance tickets are available to purchase at participating Walgreens, Kroger, and ticketfly locations. The savings is $3 on adult admission and $2.45 on child admission. Discounted tickets may also be purchased online, with access through the official website of the Michigan Renaissance Festival.
- On Friday, September 27, the festival is celebrating Festival Friday. School groups receive discounted rates on this day. The cost for students in grades 7-12 is $9 and for students in grades 1-6 is $6. Chaperones are charged $9.
- The Michigan Renaissance Festival offers coupons good for $3 off admission inside the Valpak coupon mailer. The coupon is available inside the mailer or online, through the official Valpak website, as a printable coupons.
Renaissance Festival Coupons
Also See: Free Henry Ford Museum Coupons, Free Renaissance Festival Coupons, Free State Fair Coupons, Free Michigan's Adventure Coupons, Free Detroit Zoo Coupons, Free Detroit Science Center Coupons, Free Avalanche Bay Coupons, Free Blue Harbor Resort Coupons