From Best Free Stuff Guide
Louisville Mega Cavern is a Louisville, Kentucky attraction with a history of recycling, mining, green technology, and geology. It is man-made, and is part of 17 miles of underground space underneath the city of Louisville. In addition to the cavern tour, visitors also have the option to engage in the mega zip, the first undergound zipline and adventure tour in the world, which features three challenge bridges and five zip lines.
Printable coupons for Louisville Mega Caverns, as well as various other discount options, are sometimes offered to visitors. This includes dollars off discounts for military personnel, seniors, and groups.
Flickr: Esprit de sel
|Offered by||Louisville Mega Cavern|
|Location||1841 Taylor Avenue, Louisville, KY 40213|
|Features||Historic Tram Tours, zip tours, gift shop|
|Types of coupons||Printable coupons, group discounts, early bird specials, corporate discounts, hotel deals|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors age 60 and over save $1.50|
|Military discount?||Discount of $1.50 with valid military ID|
About Louisville Mega Cavern
Dubbed a "building" by the State of Kentucky and the Metro Louisville Government, the Louisville Mega Cavern features an average temperature of 58 degrees. Portions of the Louisville Zoo are located just above the cavern, which covers 100 acres. The Mega Cavern was mined for forty years, from the 1930s through the 1970s, and was created as part of a limestone quarry.
Historic Tram Tours of the cavern are available. The cost, which does not include tax, is $13.50 for visitors ages 12-59, $8 for visitors ages 3-11, $12 for visitors ages 60 and over, and $12 for military personnel. Children under age two are free. Tours run daily, with varying times of departure depending on the season. Tours do not available from November 1 through January 11. MEGA ZIPS The tours typically last two hours and have differing prices for weekdays and weekends. Prices are the same for adults and children. Monday through Friday prices are $69 and weekend prices are $79.
Louisville Mega Cavern Coupons and Free Offers
- The Louisville Mega Cavern occasionally offers admission discounts to visitors who are staying at Louisville area hotels. Information is available at the Concierge at hotels offering the discount.
- Early Bird discounts are available on zip line tours for the first tour of the day. These discounts are only available on weekdays, and include a savings of $10 off the regular price.
- Group discounts for eight or more people are offered for zip tours. The savings is $10 per ticket.
- Corporate discounts are available for the zip line by calling 502-855-3581.
- Group rates are also available for historic tram tours for guests visiting with 20 or more people. Adults pay $10, students, children, and scouts pay $6, and coach or bus drivers receive free admission.
- Coupons and special offers are available at various times throughout the year through the "Special Offers" section on the official Louisville Mega Cavern website.
Visiting Louisville Mega Cavern
Also See: Free Attraction Coupons, Free Lost River Cave Coupons, Free Beech Bend Coupons, Free Creation Museum Coupons, Free Dinosaur World Coupons, Free Louisville Slugger Museum Coupons, Free Louisville Science Center Coupons, Free Louisville Zoo Coupons