From Best Free Stuff Guide
Kansas City Renaissance Festival coupons and discounts help save festival-goers money on admission costs. Dollars off discount tickets are available through area merchants, or visitors have the option to purchase discount tickets online. Additional savings are offered for groups of 10 or more people, seniors, and season pass-holders.
The Kansas City Renaissance Festival takes place for seven weekends each year, typically during the months of September and October. The festival offers visitors seven themed weekends, more than 100 artisan booths to explore, armored jousting, period food and drink, and 20 entertainment venues. Guests are whisked back to the 16th century, with jousts performed four times each day at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m., and 5 p.m. 
Flickr: Patrick Hoesly
|Offered by||Kansas City Renaissance Festival|
|Location||633 North 130th St., Bonner Springs, KS 66012|
|Features||Theme weekends, jousting, period food and drink, jugglers, magicians, musicians, hypnotists, etc.|
|Types of coupons||Discount tickets through area merchants, group deals, season pass offers, senior discounts, etc.|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors 65 and over save almost $2.50 on admission|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
Renaissance Festival Coupons
About the Kansas City Renaissance Festival
The Kansas City Renaissance Festival takes place weekends and Labor Day Monday from Labor Day weekend through mid-October. The festival is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Labor Day Monday and Columbus Day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission prices include free parking, entrance to the festival, entertainment shows, special events and jousting tournaments. Customers are charged for food, drink, arts and crafts purchases, rides, and games. General admission is $19.95 for adults, $10.95 for children 5-12, $17.50 for students and seniors, and free for children under 5.
The festival offers several features for customers, including several on site ATMS, same day re-entry with hand stamp, a First Aid Station, and a lost and found area. Guests are also permitted to bring their dogs and cats. However, they must first be registered.
Kansas City Renaissance Festival Coupons and Free Offers
- The Kansas City Renaissance Festival offers several deals through its "Promotions" page. Some offers include:
- Biker Weekend - On August 31 through September 2, guests who show their motorcycle ID will receive $5 off adult admission at the gate.
- Harvester's Food Drive: Guests who bring in at leas five cans of non-perishable food between August 31 and September 15 will receive a $4 admission discount at the gate.
- Ladies Shopping Day takes place on October 14, which is Columbus Day. All women are eligible for shopping and wine for only $20. This includes festival admission, a gift bag, a free glass of wine, and discounts on shopping.
- College students receive a special discount on College Student Discount Day during the weekend of September 7 and 8.
- Throughout the festival's duration, there are numerous discount days for area cities. For example:
- August 31 through September 2, all Edwardsville and Bonner springs residents save $5 on admission. On September 7 and 8, Topeka and Lawrence residents save $5 on admission. On September 28 and 29, St. Joseph residents receive a $5 admission discount. Buy one adult admission, get a second free are available for guests of Wichita or McPherson on September 14 and 15. BOGO deals are offered to Omaha and Lincoln residents on September 21 and 22, Columbia residents on October 5 and 6, and Joplin residents on the final weekend.
- The Kansas City Renaissance Festival operates a Facebook page, providing information on dollars off deals and free tickets throughout the festival's duration.
- Discount tickets are available at area retailers, including select Hy-Vee, Walgreens, Dillons, Gerbes, Gold's Gym, KC Metro Cuts, and Baker's locations.
- Festival coupons are available to pick up at participating Subway and Papa Murphy's locations.
- Visitors are also able to save money when they purchase tickets online. The savings is $3 for adults and $1.50 for children.
- Season passholders receive free admission all seven weekends. An Adult Pass costs $79.95 and a child's Pass costs $45.00. A Royal Pass costs $144.95. Additional season pass benefits include 10 percent off on merchandise at the Festival Souvenir Shoppes and one free admission for a guest. The Royal Pass also includes four free tickets, a Commemorative Medallion, and a festival stein.
- Visitors also have the option to purchase a two-day pass at a discount. The pass must be used during the same weekend and costs $36.