From Best Free Stuff Guide
The Exploratorium is located in San Francisco, California, and opened in 1969. Exploratorium coupons are one way visitors can save money on admission costs, and include dollars off discounts. The museum also offers discount prices to seniors and students, as well as special prices for groups of 10 or more people.
Each year, the Exploratorium welcomes an average of 544,000 visitors, 11,500 of which are members of the museum. The Exploratorium, which operates on the mission of "creating a culture of learning through innovative environments, programs, and tools to help people nurture their curiosity," offers visitors over 1,000 interactive exhibits, displays, and more to explore.
Flickr: Mike Johnston
|Offered by||The Exploratorium|
|Location||Palace of Fine Arts, 3601 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94123|
|Features||1,000 interactive exhibits, educational programs, gift shop, cafe, etc.|
|Types of coupons||Printable coupons, group discounts, member offers, etc.|
|AARP discount?||No, but seniors age 65 and over can save $3 on admission|
Do you love to save? Never want to miss a deal? Sign up for our newsletter here
About the Exploratorium
The Exploratorium is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday, and closed on Mondays, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Admission prices are $15 for adults ages 18-64, $12 for seniors age 65 and over, $12 for students age 18 and over with ID, $12 for youth ages 13-17, $12 for guests with disabilities, $10 for children ages 4-12, and free for children under the age of four.
Free parking is available in various Exploratorium lots. Visitors can follow the instructions posted on the official website for more details. There are also several public transportation options for visitors, including the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART), and Muni buses #30, #43, #28, and #29, all of which stop nearby, or Muni buses # 22, #41, and #45, which make stops in the vicinity of the Exploratorium.
Exploratorium Coupons and Free Offers
- Visitors can access a printable coupon for $2 off adult admission and $1 off child admission from the Bay City Guide.
- Customers can get free admission to the Exploratorium on the first Wednesday of each month. Groups of 10 or more people, however, will need to make advance reservations in order to receive free admission.
- The Exploratorium is part of the San Francisco CityPASS program. Adults pay $84, and children ages 5-12 pay $59, and get access to five area attractions, including the Exploratorium, Aquarium of the Bay, the California Academy of Sciences, the Blue and Gold Fleet Bay Cruise, and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. Pass-holders also receive a Muni and Cable Car 7-Day Passport.
- Consumers can visit the Exploratorium with a group of 10 or more people and get discounted tickets.
- Visitors can purchase an annual membership to the Exploratorium and get free admission all year. Additional member benefits include a 20 percent discount at the museum store, and free or discounted admission to more than 300 science centers around the world.
- The occasional coupon may be available inside San Francisco area tourist guides and brochures. These can be picked up at area hotels or visitor centers.
Visiting the Exploratorium in San Francisco
Also See: Free Science Center Coupons, Free Aquarium of the Bay Coupons, Free San Francisco Zoo Coupons, Free Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Coupons, Free Winchester Mystery House Coupons, Free Alcatraz Coupons, Free Great America Coupons, Free Gilroy Gardens Coupons, Free Santa Cruz Boardwalk Coupons, Free Museum Coupons